13 July 2024
Cost:$2159 per person twin share (enquire about our single supplement)
Offer:Discounted Price of $2159 available until the 8th Feb!
The Kimberley is one of the last Australian frontiers, a place soaked in indigenous culture and pioneering history. It takes no time at all to feel the spirit of the country, it is said to capture your soul.
An ancient landscape covering hundreds of thousands of square kilometres, the Kimberley is one of the world’s most precious wilderness regions. It also offers fantastic hiking experiences. Get ready to trek through open eucalypt forests dotted with the iconic and wonderfully shaped boab trees, before exploring unexpected and spectacular swimming holes. You’ll soon find each walk is different to the next and offers a new experience.
Immerse yourself in the rugged beauty of Western Australia’s Kimberley region, where ancient landscapes reveal cascading waterfalls, and hidden gorges. Over 6 adventure packed days you will explore the best of the West Kimberley including Tunnel Creek and hidden gems like Bell Gorge and Manning Gorge, where refreshing swimming holes await. Take your time to walk, swim, relax, and soak up the surrounding beauty each day. After a full day of exploring you will enjoy comfortable camping under a blanket of stars in remote locations.
This isn’t just a tour; it’s an unforgettable 6 day expedition into the heart of Australia’s most breathtaking landscape.
Exclusive Trip Inclusions:
- Two experienced and professional guides will care for you for the duration of the walking tour
- Comfortable 4WD transport
- 4 nights comfortable camping and 1 night in Savannah hut
- 5 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners
- Pick up and drop off at Broome
- All national park fees
- Maximum group size of 13 passengers.
Highlights of this walking tour:
- Explore the majestic limestone walls of Winjana Gorge, adorned with
ancient Aboriginal rock art.
- Keep an eye out for crocodiles along the Lennard River as you take in
the breathtaking scenery.
- Venture into the depths of Tunnel Creek, an ancient cave system with a rich Aboriginal history and Dreamtime stories.
- Enjoy the unique experience of wading through the underground creek and discovering the secrets within.
Bell Creek Gorge:
- Immerse yourself in the natural beauty of Bell Creek Gorge, a stunning amphitheater surrounded by cliffs.
- Take the opportunity to swim in the freshwater pools while soaking in the indigenous flora and fauna.
- Discover the serene waterhole of Manning Gorge, framed by towering cliffs and significant in Indigenous culture.
- Explore the area’s waterfall and rock art, gaining insights into the rich history and traditions of the local communities.
- Find a hidden oasis at Galvins Gorge, featuring tranquil waterhole and picturesque surroundings.
- Take in the beauty of the landscape and explore nearby Aboriginal art sites, capturing the essence of this unique location.
- Visit the historic town of Derby, known for its cultural significance and attractions such as the Boab Prison Tree.
- First nations experience with the Yawuru people
Difficulty: This tour includes a mixture of easy and medium-to-hard walks including some rocky and uneven terrain. You will require a moderate level of fitness to enjoy this trip. For more general information on what to expect visit our Adventure Travel FAQ.
Did you know? In the Kimberley, surrounded by the pre-historic forest of Livistona and pandanus palms there awaits a series of inviting thermal pools and waterfalls. One of the highlights of this trip is sure to be a soothing soak awaits you at Zebedee Springs.
What Our Adventurers Say: Check out their experiences here.
Departure: May to August weekly departures 2024
Cost: $4299 per person twin share (enquire about our single supplement)