Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I have special dietary requirements?
We can arrange any type of food requirement. Most food whilst trekking is vegetarian and restaurants have either vegetarian or meat dishes.
- What if I am over 60 and reasonably fit, will you take me trekking?
We advise anyone over the age of 60 to have a full medical, this is not only a safe guard for yourself, but it will allow us to assess your level of fitness before undertaking a trek.
- Can I do a stopover on my way to Nepal?
If you have booked your airfare through us, then of course a stopover can be arranged.
- Once I have booked the trip, do you give out trip notes and an itinerary?
After you have paid your deposit we forward Comprehensive Trip Notes. It is our suggestion that you read them thoroughly and advise us of any questions you may have regarding your trip.
- Can I contact someone who has travelled with you before for a reference.
We would be happy for anyone to speak to our clients so that they can relate their experiences.
- What is the age of trekkers who travel with your company
The age varies between treks, our youngest has been 10 and eldest 70, however the average is 40 - 60. Each traveller has something wonderful to offer to the group so age is irrelevant.
- Can I get single supplement.
We can arrange a single supplement but of course at an extra charge.
- If I am on my own, do you organise someone to share with me?
If you would like to share, we can arrange a suitable person, of course we only place females together, also males together.
- Can I extend my trip to include extra time in Nepal?
Yes. you can spend any amount of extra days in Nepal, but you need to advise us before hand to allow us to organise a representative to meet you at the airport.
- What is the maximum size of the group?
The minimum number on a group trek is 4 and maximum 21. Lyn Taylor's Adventure Travel ensures that everyone has personalised service.
- Are the treks always led by a Westerner?
Group treks are always led by a Westerner and a Nepalese Guide. If you are travelling on your own, we can either link you onto an organised trek, or you may wish to trek independantly. Therefor, you would have an Experienced English Speaking Nepalese Guide.